Wednesday, January 24, 2024

First Forty Days of Baby Pranika

 Pranika, inspired by the names of my former employers of NDTV- Prannoy+Radhika=Pranika, was a name kept after much thought and research. Pranika is also the synonym for Goddess Parwati. Born in the midst of echoes of 'Ram Rajya', she came to me by as much surprise as anybody, yet after a lot of prayer.

I always compared her to Lord Patanjali, for I had heard the story about how he fell into the palms of Sage Gonika, while she used to perform her daily ablutions to the Sun God. Pranika was no different. She was after all born to a yogi mother.

Initially I got anxious as my mother made me nervous that I may not be able to hold the baby or carry her properly. But things fell into place as I changed her nappy, cleaner her faeces and massaged her once in a while.

The first thing I bought for her was a baby carrier which was shaped like a kangaroo bag. The next thing I bought for her was a box full of rattles and tingles.

Pranika was also a harbinger of several guests at my place- beginning with both my Mama-Mamis and their assortment of warm blankets, mustard pillow, langots like g-strings among other things for the child. Next came her own Mama-Mami, Dhrubedita with their set of things for her.

As she turned one month on January 15, there was a Sundarkaand Paath for her and some small celebration. As my own birthday followed suit on January 18, I rushed to turn 44 with Pranika in my arms. Kanika Kaul, my friend from Welham, had sent me a fruit cake (eggless) which made my day with my parents, Pranika and her caregiver.

So this is how first forty days passed with few trips to the doctor for her first set of vaccinations on December 18 and some medicines to save her from recurring loose motions. She also continued to get her regular doses of Vitamin D3 drops, Folic acid among others. Neosporin powder came very handy, too.






























No comments:

Post a Comment