Monday, December 19, 2022

My Changing Favorites

Changing Favorites

As a child people and friends often asked me my favorite things. Especially since I heard Julie Andrews say in The Sound of Music, 'when anything bothers me and I'm feeling unhappy I just try and think of nice things- green meadows, sky is full of stars, raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...these are a few of my favorite things'.

Since then I often wrote about the things I like and especially my favorite things all the time. But recently I noticed, in the last couple of days, that my favorite things and kinds of people are changing.

My favorite color used to be: Blue.

My favorite cuisine used to be: Lebanese.

My favorite fruit used to be: Apple.

My favorite vegetable used to be: Karela.

My favorite clothing brand used to be: FabIndia.

My favorite movie used to be: Life Is Beautiful and Sholay.

My favorite actor used to be: Nana Patekar. 

My favorite actress used to be: Dimple Kapadia.

My favorite dish used to be: Rajma Chawal.

My favorite pastry used to be: Pineapple.

My favorite sweet used to be: Gems/Smarties (in the UK).

My favorite Indian sweet used to be: Kheer.

My favorite Indian Prime Minister used to be: Jawaharlal Nehru.

My favorite British Prime Minister used to be: Margaret Thatcher.

My favorite American President used to be: John F. Kennedy.

My favorite First Lady used to be: Jacqueline Kennedy.

My favorite Princess used to be: Princess Diana.

My favorite comic character used to be: Archies and Jughead.

My favorite star-kids used to be: Kajol and Abhishek Bachchan.

My favorite singers used to be: Madonna and George Michael.

My favorite dancer used to be: Elvis Presley.

My favorite Mantra/Shloka used to be: Gayatri Mantra.

My favorite religious Text used to be: Bhagvad Gita/Bible.

My favorite travel destination used to be: Great Britain and Europe.

My favorite sport used to be: Lawn Tennis.

My favorite mode of transport used to be: Bicycle.

My favorite country used to be: India.

But due to a whole lot of life events and courses/experiences digitally, it seems my favorites are changing.

For now my favorite movie has become: Nights of Cabiria and Newton (Bollywood); Hellaro (Regional)

My favorite color is: Red.

My favorite cuisine is: Japanese.

I am still deciding on OTHER FAVORITES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDZA54sTqwQ

The more important song (at the end of the movie):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqof4tlkEp0



No comments:

Post a Comment